Hello! Do you know what Janabah bath is? Bathing Janabah is one of the rituals to clean large hadas. Without it, the great death cannot be eliminated. The result is that people who have large hadas must not pray, touch the Quran, Hajj, and so on.
Do you know what big hadas? You can read the explanation here.
Okay! Now I will only explain a few important things about Janabah bath. Janabah bath is different from regular bathing. Regular bathing can be done in many ways, as long as the water touches the skin of the body. Janabah baths is not like that.
We can say Janabah bath is valid if all body skin, from head to toe has been touched by water. Even then it must be done with certain intentions. Do you know how to do it? This;
نَوَيْتُ الْغُسْلَ لِرَفْعِ الْحَدَثِ الْأَكْبَرِ فَرْضًا لِلَّهِ تَعَالَى
I intend to do the Janabah bath to eliminate the large hadas, as an obligation, because of Allah Taala.
There are some important things about Janabah bath that I want to explain in this article. But before I explain it all, consider the following hadiths;
١٠٦. عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه قال : قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : إن تحت كل شعرةٍ جنابةً ، فاغسلوا الشعر ، وانقوا البشرة . رواه أبو داود والترمذي .
From Abu Hurairah radliyallahu ‘anhu, he said, “Allah’s Messenger sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam has said, “Indeed, under every hair there is a janabah. Wash your hair and clean the skin!” The hadith is narrated by Abu Daud and at-Tirmidhi.
عن علي بن أبي طالب رضي الله قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : من ترك موضع شعرة من جنابة فُعِلَ بها كذا وكذا في النار .
From Ali ibn Abi Talib radliyallahu ‘anhu, “Allah’s Messenger sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said, “Whoever has got the place of hair from janabah, then he will use this and like this in Hell.”
١٠٢. عن عائشة رضي الله عنهما قالت : كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم إذا اغتسل من الجنابة يبدأْ فيغسل يديه ثم يفرغ بيمينه على شماله فيغسل فرجه ، ثم يتوضأ ، ثم يأخذ الماء فيُدخل أصابعه في أصول الشعر ، ثم حفن على رأسه ثلاث حفناتٍ ، ثم أفاض على سائر جسده ثم غسل رجليه . متفق عليه .
From Aisha radliallahu ‘anha, she said, “If the Messenger of Allah sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam bathes from the janaba, then he begins by washing his hands, then he takes precedence to wash his right hand from the left body then he washed his anus. Then he graduated. Then he took water and put his fingers into the base of the hair. Then he poured three hands of water three times. Then he drained water over all his bodies. Then he washed his hands.” The hadith was narrated by al-Bukhari and Muslim.
There are several important things related to the three hadiths above that we must to understand;
- We are required to wash all the bodies when we bathe; we must not leave even a single spot on skin that is not touched by water.
- We must eliminate something that can block water from reaching the skin. It could be that the barrier is in the form of hair, paint, dough, or other stain marks. We have to make sure of that.
- The third hadith explains about the way of Prophet Muhammad ton Janabah bath. He washed his hands first.
- After that he put first to wash his right body from the left. There is no description of any body. But I found a statement, that what was meant was a body washed and rubbed on ablution. That is, what is meant by the body in the hadith above are ears, hands and feet.
- After that he performed wudu.
- Then he made sure that the water he used for bathing had reached the base of the hair. He did that by inserting his fingers into the base of the hair.
- Then he poured water on all of his body.
- Finally, he washed his feet.
That’s a brief description of Janabah bath. If there’s something you want to ask, please ask!
See you again!